COVID-19 has increased the already dizzying amount of online sales, making the applicable marketing requirements increasingly important. These rules affect not just how companies advertise and promote products and services online, but also how they bill and otherwise interact with consumers before, during, and after a transaction.
Join partner Christie Thompson and senior associate Katie Townley for this webinar which will include practical tips to help companies minimize risk of enforcement and litigation and provide practical guidance. Topics include:
- Endorsers and Influencers
- Promotions and Pricing
- Subscription Plans and “Free” Trials
- Shipping and Delivery
- Consumer Reviews and the Consumer Review Fairness Act
- Customer Service Considerations – how timely refunds and responsiveness can help reduce legal risks
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is currently or plans to conduct business online with consumers or otherwise facilitates online transactions should join us for this webinar.
Also join us for:
COVID-19 has brought a proliferation of products claiming to kill or otherwise inhibit viruses, bacteria and other germs. These products, before they can be legally sold, are heavily regulated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and sometimes both. Major enforcement actions are pending against companies making illegal claims or selling unregistered products. Meanwhile, the FTC regulates advertising of many sanitizing products and the agency has pursued enforcement on companies that overstate their products’ germ-killing performance.
Please join us for a webinar covering the basics of germ killing and related product claims.
Discussion topics include:
- The regulatory landscape: Who regulates what – EPA, FDA and FTC jurisdiction and requirements
- What can you say and when can you say it
- Potential liability and enforcement considerations
- What to do if you receive a warning letter or other enforcement action
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is currently making or planning to make pesticide products, microbiology laboratory personnel with efficacy testing responsibilities, manufacturers of sanitizing products including lights, retailers of sanitizing products, anyone new to claims or in need of a refresher should join us for this webinar.